LAST REVISED: Feb 08, 2018
By visiting our Website or otherwise providing your Personal Information to OpsCaptain via any other means, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For purposes of this policy, the term “visitor” includes visitors to the Website who are not yet Customers, those who become Customers, as well as those who do not become Customers; whether you upload information to the Website, download it, or are merely visiting the Website. You can choose not to provide certain information when using the Website but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of its features.
We may, at our sole discretion, edit this Policy from time to time. Any changes are effective upon posting and your continued use constitutes your acceptance of any such changes, so you may wish to check it each time you submit Personal Information through the Website.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our Website or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, phone number, company, or other personal information that identifies you (the “Personal Information”).
Please note that the Website is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU or other regions. By providing your Personal Information you consent to the use of your Personal Information as described in, and in accordance with this Policy, as well as the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
We may ask Customers to enter credit card or account information in order to process subscription for OpsCaptain services. When we use third party service providers for credit card processing services we will enter into a written agreement with such third party requiring that appropriate security and confidentiality measures are in place.
We will not intentionally collect or maintain, and do not want you to provide, any information regarding your medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To permit use of our Website and any associated services;
- To evaluate, update and/or improve our Website (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your relationship with OpsCaptain, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.) Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please send an email to email@example.com stating that you will like to be removed from the mailing list;
- To permit use of our Website and any associated services;
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your Personally Information, except as provided in this Policy. We may share your information as follows:
- We may share with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, provided that the third party has agreed to use at least the same level of privacy protections described in this Policy, and is permitted to use the information only for the purpose of providing services to us.
- We may release account and other Personal Information when such release is (a) at the request of law enforcement or (b) necessary to comply with the law or any legal obligation; enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements or policies; protect the rights, property, or safety of OpsCaptain and our users; or in connection with a legal claim or proceeding. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations as part of our efforts to prevent fraud and identity theft.
- As we develop our business, we may sell or buy assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Thus, if we or a subsidiary we control (or which controls us), sells substantially all of its assets, or is acquired by another entity, customer information may be one of the transferred assets and you agree that you consent to such transfer. We will use reasonable efforts to require that the acquiring party abide by the terms of this Policy.
Are there third party links on your Website?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer links to third party websites; such websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We do not monitor the privacy practices or, or exercise authority over, those third parties. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked Websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these Websites. If you choose to access a third party Website through our Website, you do so at your own risk; we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such third party Websites before providing any personal data.
What about Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance?
We respect the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. We do not direct any of our content specifically at children less than 13 years old. We will promptly delete any Personal Information we have collected about a user less than 13 years of age if we become aware that we have collected such Personal Information.
What security do you employ?
We use various security measures designed to protect the information we collect, as appropriate to the type of information, including encryption, firewalls, and access controls.
Do you retain data?
OpsCaptain retains your information for as long as necessary to (a) permit OpsCaptain to use it for the purposes described in this Policy, and (b) comply with applicable law or regulation.
How may I opt-out or access my information?
You may opt-out of receiving certain emails from us at any time; all users of our Website may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account. To do so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that you may not opt out of receiving emails containing payment confirmation or certain other emails as specified by OpsCaptain from time to time.
Please note that it may take up to 30 days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request.
How can I contact OpsCaptain?
If there are any questions or complaints regarding this Policy or our information collection practices, you may contact us at: